Responsible for the management of health and safety requirements at Taipei American School. The Health & Safety Officer will perform and make plans both independently and through coordination, to support and facilitate the development and implementation of health and safety processes to ensure Taipei American School’s health and safety measures for both employees (occupational) and students are in line with school and governmental regulatory standards.
• Develop health and safety plans as required, and with supervisor approval oversee their implementation.
• Carry out internal health and safety inspections and conduct operating environment assessment as required.
• Plan and manage the implementation of employee training as required for labor safety and health education.
• Assist the occupational nurse as needed, with updates of related regulatory requirements and changes.
• Assist with the investigation of accidents at school or off campus including but not limited to occupational injury and occupational disease, as well as the related statistical analysis and reporting requirements.
• Provide labor safety and health advisory services.
• Provide data and recommendations on labor and student safety and health management to the School Administration as required.
• Other matters related to labor and student safety and health management as required.
• Support the COO with risk assessment: Analyzing current risks and identifying potential risks related to health and safety that are affecting the school.
• Maintain records of insurance claims related to health and safety.
• Develop risk awareness amongst staff by providing support and training within the school as required.
• Maintain a list of all off-campus travel for each school year including all relevant details, and where applicable, review trip plans to ensure compliance with school policy and procedures.
• Other tasks or projects as assigned by Chief Operating Officer or the school administration.