The Middle School Instructional Technology Assistant supports faculty and students in using instructional technology and completing projects that use technology. The assistant will develop instructional resources and train students with digital creation tools. The assistant will also aid in the distribution of tools, software, and licenses and provide limited equipment maintenance.
1. Provide instructional assistance to faculty in the classroom and support to small groups of students to teach required software and systems.
2. Assist faculty in (a) the preparation, distribution, and maintenance of online instructional resources, (b) the implementation of technology-based projects, and (c) the teaching of technology skills across all subject areas.
3. Assist the Technology & Design Coach in developing, curating, and using instructional tools and resources.
4. Respond to general inquiries from faculty and students. Assist when possible and relay messages to IT or Technology Coach in a timely manner.
5. Assist in maintaining printers and photocopiers.
6. Support Middle School Yearbook as required.
Key Competencies and Essential Selection Criteria:
7. Strong customer service orientation
8. Ability in teaching and support situations, working with faculty and students. Under-standing of digital pedagogy best-practice
9. Strong computer skills including knowledge of and ability to use Microsoft Office, G Suite, Canvas, Adobe Creative Suite, and other specialized software/applications as required
10. Ability to work as part of a team to provide effective and timely support to faculty, students and parents
11. Proficient in oral and written Mandarin; excellent oral and written English
12. Responsibility and ability to use good judgment independently. Good problem solving and time management skills
13. Ability to prioritize work when dealing with extended and ad-hoc projects
14. Demonstrate flexibility and achievement
15. College graduate (in education or technical field preferred)
16. Demonstrated ability with digital creation tools (web authoring, video, etc.)
17. Experience with children in an educational or service setting
18. At least two years’ work experience in a bilingual and or international environment is preferred
10-month support staff position every school year
expected starting date: August 2020